Friday, October 21, 2016

Postcards for the weekend 8: Reflected Sailboat

Direct Swap, Sent from Green Bay, WI - 23 Jan 2012

I can't help but be amazed with the stillness of Lake Michigan and the symmetrical reflection of the sailboat. This photo, according to the sender was taken near sunset. The photographer is Darryl R. Beers. My little research about this postcard revealed to me that Mr. Beers had a collaboration with a writer, Dr. Raymond Reed Hardy. The showcase of Wisconsin scenes paired with haiku can be viewed at nature.org. I watched it and the video was peaceful and soothing; perfect to wind down with after a long week.

Our theme next week is "anything you wish" It's exciting to find out the postcards each of us will choose without an assigned theme. 

Cheers,
~maria


4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, A beauty of a card, indeed, and perfect for the theme. Thanks for sharing and for hosting the link up. Wishing you a fine weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I too have headed for the USA for this week's reflection. By spooky coincidence the lake I feature is named after the flowers shown in your video link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect "reflection"! Thanks once more for hosting...(✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: